IN PREPARATION, KIRUBA WILL
- Be available to discuss plans for his speech.
- Know what your organization does and why it does it.
- Know why he is there and has a specific plan to accomplish your goals for his presentation.
- Know the theme of your conference and make sure his talk is in line with the theme.
- Understand why your audience would want to hear what he has to say on this topic.
- Understand the topics of other speakers so that his message is not duplicated.
- Notify you in advance of his travel itinerary.
ON-SITE, KIRUBA WILL
- Notify you when he arrives on site.
- Retire early the night before his speech so that he is well rested to give his best during his talk.
- Be reasonable and considerate in his use of room charges and incidental expenses.
- Be in the meeting room for a sound check at a time that is convenient with the logistics team.
- Coordinate with the set-up or AV crew to make sure his presentation will be seamless.
- Stay out of the way until it is his turn to speak.
- Study your audience and the other speakers to align his message with them.
- Be dressed appropriately, always one step more formal or business-like than the audience.
- Provide an easy, brief introduction and be available to coach the introducer.
- Make suggestions to the crew as to how to maximize audience impact through creative use of lights, sound, or staging.
- Be in the room, seated, and visible to you well before his introduction begins.
DURING HIS PRESENTATION, KIRUBA WILL
- Present well-researched, expert information on his topic.
- Never use off-colour language or material.
- Interact constantly with the audience and involve them through questions, a show of hands, eye contact, and exercises as appropriate.
- Use stories and humour liberally.
- Use appropriate PowerPoint slides to enhance the look, feel, and impact of his speech.
- React maturely, good-naturedly, and be flexible to any problems that arise. This includes audiovisual, lights, sounds, emergencies, etc.
- Never be rude to an audience member.
- Allow for questions and comments from the audience during his presentation.
- Summarize his points and help the audience to remember his key points.
- Relate his points to your organization and people.
- Never abuse his assignment by turning his speech into a sales pitch.
- Only offer his educational resources if approved or requested in advance.
- Stick to his time frame and adjust if needed.
AFTER HIS PRESENTATION, KIRUBA WILL
- Stay around after his speech briefly to answer questions or hear comments.
- Check out and depart with minimal effort to you.
- Invoice you promptly after the speech for outstanding items.
- Promptly fulfil any orders or requests for his products or books.
- Suggest strategies to continue the impact of his message during follow-up.
- Never disclose any sensitive information about your organization.
- Be willing to accept emails from individual audience members or leaders to ask questions after the speech.
IN SUMMARY, Kiruba will deliver an exceptionally good presentation in a highly professional manner. Kiruba Shankar proudly adheres to these accountability standards established by the Global Speakers Foundation.